Monday, February 20, 2012

Rag Doll Look

Sadly i didn't film how i achieved this look, had i though my camera would've most likely run out of memory less than half way through. but here is a quick overview of how i achieved this look.


I started out by moisturizing my face with Aveeno Daily mosturizer and letting that set for about 15 min before i got started with everything.
After my moisturizer sat for awhile i used a white eyeliner to map out my "patches" this was just kind of a random process. i will say it would be a lot easier if you have a general idea of what kind of patterns you want to do i did not lol so my patterns just kind of came to me as i was going along. Then I used Mehron clown white lite makeup in all of the patches that i new i wanted a white backround on and set the white using baby powder (and smelled as fresh as a baby's bottom ;P) All of the other patches were done using my Mehron Basic and Pastel Palettes. This look definitely could be achieved using shadows if thats all that you have using the mehron just definitely cuts down on time and i feel like it gives me the ability to have cleaner lines. Then i layed down all of my backround colors and let them dry, once they were dry I went in with the patterns.
Also just a little side note even though i used white on my lips and i laid down all of my white patches first i left that until the very last thing because the Mehron can be pretty drying on your lips, and i also lick my lips without knowing a lot and i didn't want to have to do it over lol because i would've almost without a doubt have smeared the black everywhere. Thats about it. I'd suggest that if you do have a matching eyeshadow to set the colors with to definitely do that especially if you're going to wear the look for a  long period. Then for my normal eye I just used my Physician's Formula Eyeliner pen and did a thick wing. and while i had my eyeliner out  i outlined each patch with it and put little x's throughout each line to look like stiching. I also used some jewelry wire and twisted it to look like string sticking out in a few places  (which sadly you can barely seen in pictures) and attached that with lash glue. Then put on some Cover Girl Lash blast mascara and added top and bottom lashes and that finished the look. Top lashes are bow lashes from StellaStarish Cosmetics, and my lowers are Ardell Demi Pixie lashes.
Thats about it. I hope this helps i'll try to get something figured out with my camera so i can film a tutorial for this. I'm defintely going to need to figure something out especially when it comes time for halloween looks :)

2 comments:

  1. i really need to invest in some Mehron Basic and Pastel Palettes then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to find some decently priced ones on Amazon. If you get lucky once in awhile you can find them under $30 shipping included but they normally run about $30-34

      Delete